Slow Mornings

 Morning!

I think one of my favorite things about day to day life are the slow mornings. I stay up until ungodly hours of the night (and morning), and wake up at whatever time I wish. Somehow, despite sleeping at 3-4am nightly, I manage to wake up around 7-8am. I'm totally sleep deprived, but I don't mind at all. It's what makes these mornings so comfy; the burn behind your tired eyes, the feeling of the body waking up-- it's a feeling that I enjoy most on days off.

On this particular slow morning, I had iced coffee that I made the night previous. The overnight chill it developed was pretty good. I made six pancakes instead of the classic three, because why not? It's my morning, and I can take it how I want. Buttered those up and washed it down. Absolutely satisfying breakfast.

One of the best parts of slow mornings is definitely returning to bed. The body just relaxes and eases into itself. I think that I'll for sure enjoy my bedrotting this morning. Don't I deserve it? Well, I guess y'all wouldn't know, would you? That's the fun thing about blogs, getting to know a person through their posts.

I'm sure that y'all have realized by now that this blog won't be anything special or specific in particular. It's just a fun thing I wanted to do on the side of pursuing a higher education. I want to document my life, especially the little moments, so I have something to look back on. I think this is a good coping mechanism; my therapist will be proud of me. If it's morning when you are reading this, enjoy it. The beginning of a new day is truly something to behold.

xox

Shania

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chances of Tomorrow

Blacker Days